2012 has been a pretty eventful year for me, full of highs and lows, but I’m happy to say it’s mostly highs! I’m reviewing my 2012 and from there, see what I can improve for 2013.
- transferred to a new company – I am nearing my 1st anniversary at the new company I am working for. I am happy with my current job and thankful to have the nicest people I ever worked with.
- Katy Perry: California Dreams Tour – I am a HUGE fan of Katy Perry and I’m glad to have seen her perform live here in Manila! The concert was the BEST I’ve ever been to and I’ve fallen even more in love with KP after the con.
- Avril Lavigne: The Black Star Tour – Avril was one of my fave artists in HS, though I’m no longer a fan, I am thrilled to have seen her up close in person! And I have to say, she really sounds great live!
- The Grand China National Acrobatic Circus – It’s my first time to watch an acrobatic circus live and it was an amazing and unforgettable experience for me and my family!
- Nagsasa Cove Escapade with friends – My friends and I spent overnight at Nagsasa Cove, Zambales. Though its beach wasn’t as breathtaking as I had expected, I still had a great time because I have such fun friends!
- Baby Addie – the GREATEST blessing of 2012. First baby in the family and my first niece. Blessed to have such cute and very healthy baby!
- Kindle – my bf gifted me with a Kindle for our 7th anniversary! He knows how to make me the happiest.
- Fire at the adjacent townhouse – I am thankful for all the help from our neighbors and none of my family got hurt seriously, and that the house just suffered from mostly water damage and we didn’t end up homeless.
- a visit to Hospicio De San Jose – another first. The kids in the orphanage were really nice and cute. I used to not like kids, but they changed everything. In just a few hours they’ve become dear to me. It was a humbling and life-changing experience!
- Lola’s Death – My only remaining Lola died of stroke at age 85. The only regret that I have is that I wasn’t able to thank her for all the help she had given us, my family.
- Flew to Mindanao – another first. flew to Mindanao for my Lola’s funeral and stayed there for 4 days. Passed by Davao and GenSan. LuzViMinda? check.
- Reunion with Relatives – the funeral also served as reunion. Might not see some of them ever again as they live from different parts of the world.
- Baby-G and G-Shock – both from Japan, thanks to my very good friend Shie! Got the Baby-G as birthday gift for myself and the G-Shock as Christmas gift for my bf.
- 100 books for 2012 – been a very active bookworm this year, completed my goal of reading 100 books for 2012! Finished 102 books.
- 100 movies for 2012 – I am a movie buff and this has been going on for the past few years. Failed last year, but I am back on track! Finished 107 movies.
- Savings – for the last 3 years I’ve been working I was never able to save much, but this year, I’ve managed to save somehow for the rainy days, and will continue to save more! Higher goal next year.
- Milk tea and other food – discovered love for food and had been very adventurous. Mostly appreciation of milk teas, uncommon desserts, Singaporean and Japanese cuisine.
I can say 2012 has been a fulfilling year for me. I think I have significantly improved and changed for the better compared to any other year in my life.
For the next year, here are my new goals and things that I look forward to for 2013:
- SNSD concert in January – VIP Platinum ticket, all ready! Can’t wait to see my fave Korean girl group in the flesh!
- Palawan in March – I have this goal of exploring the Philippines at least ONCE every year, and for 2013, it’s gonna be Palawan with my good old friends!
- 100 movies for 2013 – For the love of movies, I can do this! Even if I have to watch films from the 80′s again, it’s not like they’re bad anyway.
- 50 books for 2013 – steering away from very bad dystopian novels, jk! Choosing my books very wisely from now on. Why only 50? to give way to my other hobbies like…
- Webdesigning – I miss it so bad. I feel so outdated and I need to make a new layout for RS.net, seriously.
- Self-study – I work as an IT Programmer (Java), and I have to consciously improve my worth my self-studying more, at home or at my free time at work.
- Get active spiritually – I may still not go to church, but I started reading the Bible yesterday. My goal to read one book in the Bible per week.
- Improve my attitude – less worrying, longer patience, less talking back to my parents, keep my mouth shut when I’ve got nothing nice to say, higher tolerance to BV people, be less judgemental, be more independent
- Maintain positive traits – stay humble, conscientious, honest, buying only what I need
That’s it. Might add more to the list when I think of something. How’s your 2012 and what are your goals for 2013?